One of your many 2017 New Year’s resolutions could be saving money. We are here to help you start saving at your weekly trip to the grocery store. Use these tips to guarantee more money in your pocket.
- Clipping coupons or purchasing items that are on sale.
- Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season, as they often cost less and are fresher.
- Locate the “unit price” on the shelf below the product. Compare brands/different sizes of the same brand to determine which is more economical.
- Purchase items in bulk, such as frozen fruits and vegetables that will keep longer than fresh food.
- Reduce waste by using food with the earliest expiration first. When you buy food at the store, check the sell by date to get the freshest food possible.